The Austin Christian Church seeks to hire full-time summer interns to serve in the Youth and Family Ministry. Our ministry includes 60 teens and their families, living in the greater Austin area. We have a deep desire to mentor and train not only the youth in our ministry, but to help raise up new young leaders for the kingdom. This internship is an amazing opportunity for anyone who aspires to one day to be a volunteer leader in the Youth and Family Ministry, or to find out if the lifestyle of ministry full-time is a good fit.
What the internship is:
Nine week program (May 31st – August 2nd) where campus students will be able to live, and work, in the Austin suburbs with our Youth and Family Ministry
Who we are looking for:
- A team of up to three men and three women with a desire to serve, learn, grow and work with youth
- Someone with a compassionate heart for teenagers and their families
- Willing to be out of themselves, share about their lives and God vulnerably, and be flexible in all circumstances
- Loves to have fun and enjoys the challenge of new things
- Willing to learn and have a mentality of growth-minded spirituality
- A current active driver’s license and car safe enough to drive teens
- Passing a CORI background check facilitated by our staff here in Austin
- Aged 18-23 in campus ministry and/or being at least one year out of high school
- Disciples in good standing in their home churches, from our family of churches (ICOC) and a walk with God worthy of example
- Letter of recommendation from your current ministry leader
- Letter of recommendation from a person actively in your life (discipling partner, d-group leader, etc)
- Must be able to stay for the whole duration of the internship (all interns will have an exemption to be able to go to ICMC in Oklahoma from July 6 – July 9) but if there are extenuating circumstances there is a possibility to be gone for a small portion of time
- Must be able to be a counselor for Texas Teen Camp (June 4 – 9)
This internship will be paid, so that the Youth and Family Ministry will be the main focus for these 9 weeks. Each intern will be paid $450 weekly and will be housed with church members rent and utility free. That being said, we are not accepting applicants who have to do a part-time job during the internship, as this internship is full-time (this also includes any summer online classes).
Submit your application here.
We are excited to see what God will do this summer in Austin, Texas!