After much deliberation and careful analysis, the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership of HOPE worldwide have initiated a process to relocate headquarters to Atlanta, Georgia, by 1/1/2022. A thorough review of current circumstances, emerging opportunities and future vision for the organization have revealed a compelling case for relocation. Below are the leading factors influencing this decision for the continued success and long-term wellbeing of HOPE worldwide:
Ensuring effective mission impact by maintaining healthy operating costs (financial stewardship)
- The San Diego office lease is ending after 2021, and leases are 32% lower in Atlanta.
- The commercial lease market indicates increasingly affordable options coming next year.
- Cost of living for employees is roughly 29% lower in Atlanta.
- Atlanta is a hub for domestic and international travel; savings are roughly $160 per domestic flight and even more savings for international.
Driving staff synergy, training and recruitment
- With two of the three members of the Executive Leadership Team already living in Atlanta, relocation will bring senior leadership together to drive synergy, collaboration and unity.
- Atlanta is a hub for many international nonprofit organizations, offering various professional educational opportunities for staff training and development.
- Salary model will be more cost-effective for HOPE worldwide, and also more attractive for recruiting new hires at the market rate.
In 2021, HOPE worldwide will celebrate 30 years of love and compassion. From day one, our impact has been driven by a faithful vision and a strong commitment to support our neighbors with respect, integrity and wisdom. With sensible and effective stewardship of resources , we are striving to achieve this mission with ever-increasing success. Thank you for your prayers and thoughtful support as we continue to advance this compassionate ministry.
About HOPE worldwide
HOPE worldwide is an international charity that changes lives through the compassion and commitment of dedicated staff and volunteers to deliver sustainable, high-impact, community-based services to the materially poor and needy. Today HOPE worldwide serves more than 1.5 million people annually on every inhabited continent. After almost 30 years, HOPE worldwide continues to be an organization dedicated to serving, teaching, healing and loving communities made vulnerable due to poverty, disease or disasters, enabling them to rise out of desperate situations. Together we are bringing hope and changing lives for good.
To learn more about HOPE worldwide , visit hopeww.org.