The KC Church is seeking a full-time male intern to serve in our Youth & Family Ministry. This position will be for one year, with an average of 30 hours per week. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. All stages of life are welcome to apply.
During your time as an intern, you will gain valuable teen ministry experience by assisting in the outreach and spiritual formation of middle and high school students. You will learn how to balance the demands of ministry with personal spiritual development, friendships, and other responsibilities.
- Assist in the planning/implementation of youth events, devotionals, and teen activities
- Mentor youth by meeting with them outside of regularly scheduled ministry events or attending their activities
- Assist with planning and coordination of regional activities including HYC, HKK, Prom, Monster Mash, etc.
- Coordinate & communicate with parents when needed.
- Ask questions, be creative, offer and implement your ideas, seek servant-leadership opportunities, take risks, learn, and see God work through you to make an impact on others.
- Attend Sunday worship at 10 am on Sunday.
- Meet with ministry staff, and youth ministry team regularly for mentoring and planning.
- Attend staff & leader’s meetings.
- Assist in the teaching rotation of Middle School class
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and a passion to minister to youth
- Be teachable, humble, and have a servant’s heart
- Be an example to others of Christian character and integrity
- Be a self-starter and team player
- Possess gifts for ministry, such as teaching, leadership, compassion, administration, or music
- Have reliable transportation and a good driving record
- Adhere to our church’s Youth & Family Policy and pass a background check
To apply, please send your resume to Randy Ware at email@example.com.