Each week, we will be praying for a different region of the world through the Global Prayer Chain. Sign up and join people around the world in prayer!
Administratively, the state of Tamil Nadu is divided into 32 districts with 80 million populations. Chennai (formerly known as Madras) is the state capital. It is the fourth largest urban agglomeration in India and is also one of the major Metropolitan cities of India. Tamil Nadu has been a pioneering state of E-Governance initiatives in India.
Madras Presidency was renamed Madras (State) after independence in 1947. Madras (State) was renamed Tamil Nadu in 1968. Tamil is the official language of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which is one of the longest-surviving classical languages in the world.
Links on more information on these places:
- Pray for our region to cross 1000.
- Pray for the campus and singles ministry to flourish.
- 14 out of 32 districts are covered. Pray for the remaining districts to be evangelized.
- To send our more mission teams.
- To rise up more full-time workers and missionaries.
- For the youth and family ministry in Cochin to grow and families can work together to win many for Christ.
- Idukki mission team to get ready and to raise funds to support the team
- For ourunder-40-years group to be trained in leadership and to lead ministries and go on mission teams
- For church in Palakkad to have strong leadership
- Pray that the membership of Chennai Church crosses 1000, in the year 2019.
- Prayer for elders to be raised.
- Every part of Chennai to have a ministry, thereby the whole of Chennai can be evangelized.
- Pray for a strong singles and campus ministry to be built in Chennai church.
- Pray that every disciple to become more like Jesus in their hearts and in their lives.
- Pray for young leaders to be raised up to take responsibility of the future leadership needs.
- Pray for full-time staff to lead the teens, campus and singles ministry.