Each week, we will be praying for a different region of the world through the Global Prayer Chain. Sign up and join people around the world in prayer!
The Southern African Regional Family of churches currently has 21 churches in 12 countries. Only nine of these churches have full-time staff; volunteers who hold secular jobs lead the rest. Our vision is to plant and establish thriving churches in all the 12 countries of Southern Africa by 2020. This is a stepping stone towards fulfilling our lifetime dream of establishing a Bible Talk within walking distance of everyAfrican.
We’d like to ask to keep us in your prayers in the following areas:
1. Safety and fruit from conference
The Southern Africa conference in Harare, Zimbabwe, from June 14-16. This is the first time ever the event will be held outside Johannesburg, South Africa. It will also celebrate the 30th anniversary of the church in Harare.
The prayer of the church is that all the delegates arrive safely, that they host a successful conference, and that the nation of Zimbabwe find solutions in God and not the economy or politics during these turbulent times.
2. Reconstruction of a church in Mozambique
In 2018, a denominational minister and his wife were converted from the town of Nacala, in northern Mozambique. The couple lead nearly 800 potential disciples. Pray for the efforts of members of the church in Maputo, Mozambique, who travel to Nacala to study the Bible with men and women from the church.
3. Appointment of elders and teachers in South Africa (johannesburg.church)
The church in Johannesburg is over 30 years old and the SA churches have no elders or teachers. Please pray for our goal of appointing elders and teachers in 2019.
4. Planting a churchin Bloemfontein, Free State, in 2020. Bloemfontein is the judicial capital city of South Africa and has a population of just over 2.7 million people.
5. Grief Recovery – Cape Town, South Africa (ctcoc.co.za): Over 60 members in the church lost family members last year and four disciples lost loved ones in the month of May. They need prayer to deal with their grief.
6. Campus leader needed – Durban, South Africa (durban.church)
The church in KwaZulu-Natal is looking for a brother to serve in the ministry on campus and with the young singles ministry.
7. New venue – Windhoek, Namibia: The church is looking a new venue to meet; at a great location and at a reasonable cost (venue rental fees in the city are exorbitant). The venue should also be able to accommodate their children’s ministry. Please also pray for them to find full-time church leaders.
8. Raising up next generation and growth – Madagascar ( www.facebook.com/groups/icocmada): The church of 24 members would love to raise up the next generation of disciples and have another church outside of the capital, Antananarivo.