For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again . – 2 Corinthians 5:14
Today, we will discuss how the gospel compels us to act.
The gospel is “designed” to compel us in love, to act. For those who have been radically changed by the love of Christ, demonstrated on the cross, we are compelled to do something with our changed lives. We “no longer live for ourselves.” To simply live indifferently after our hearts have been converted is not in line with the gospel message.
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God . – 2 Corinthians 5: 20-21
Think about those in the Scriptures who were radically changed by the cross. Paul, Peter, Legion, the Marys, Lydia, the disciples in the book of Acts are all examples of the compulsion to change because of Jesus’ love, demonstrated on the cross. How about you?
Look at how Jesus has changed you so far. Think about the many ways we can now serve Him in gratitude. We share our faith. We serve those less fortunate than us. We tell our stories to others to give them hope. And as we serve, we find even more recovery.
As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard. – Acts 4:20
And we can even bring recovery to our church. Disciples In Motion has openings for the Fall. Now is the time to get Disciples In Motion on your calendar.
Here is what a Disciples In Motion weekend looks like:
- Friday night– Breaking the Chains of Anxiety & Depression in the Church Setting . This workshop is for anyone with any mental health challenge and their friends who want to help. It is a fun, interactive, and informative time.
- Saturday morning– Training for the Disciples In Motion ministry . Tim will train your selected leaders on how to lead a vibrant, effective, and sustainable recovery ministry. He works with your church before, during, and after his visit to ensure the ministry gets up and running.
- Saturday afternoon– The Grief Journey . Thousands have taken part in this workshop on the grief journey. Using his book, The Grief Journey: Finding Peace in All of Life’s Losses, Tim brings a Christian perspective into this challenging journey with kindness, compassion, and healing. This event is great for visitors, too.
- Sunday before church– We Stand in The Gap of Suicide Ideation : Suicide prevention for those who work with the youth, campus, and adults.
- Worship Service– Jesus’ Creative Heart to Heal . This inspiring sermon captures the hearts of all who listen and renews their faith in our Lord’s passion to help his people.
- Leaders meeting after church– Insights of a 12-year-old: Counseling for the Small Group Leader . This Counseling 101 class inspires leaders to better serve their groups.
Other counseling related classes are also available.
It is a full weekend guaranteed to leave your church much better equipped to serve the vast needs of the congregation and those in the community you serve.
Contact Tim soon. Please email me at email@example.com for more details and copy your ministry leader on the email!