My wife, Ansley, and I (Derek) attend FirstRock Church here in Greenville, South Carolina. Ansley and I are both 25 years old and we lead the young professionals group here at FirstRock. The church is a great community with a number of families, teens, seniors and married couples. However, there is still one big area of need for our church, and that is for young professionals. Currently, our YoPro community is made up of only five disciples. Over the past few months, we have been studying out the harvest and sharing our faith. It is our desire for our YoPro ministry and the FirstRock church to grow in the form of excited and willing workers for the harvest field here in Greenville, South Carolina.
Greenville is an amazing place to live. It has great hiking and outdoor activities and there’s always something happening downtown. We’ve also seen the beauty of being in a small church in the deep relationships we’ve built here. We both have grown and matured immensely as disciples since living and serving in this community. If you are the type of person who wants to invest in a community and see it grow, please message us and reach out! We know that there are disciples ready and willing to help us grow this ministry and we have been praying for your arrival. God will bless and guide all of the work ahead and we can’t wait to get started, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you are interested!
If moving and helping is not a possibility for you, please keep us in your prayers. Pray for Ansley and I and the rest of the YoPros to find open hearts and future disciples in our day-to-day lives here in Greenville. Pray for God to send us more workers to help us as we continue to seek and save the lost. And pray for FirstRock to grow abundantly and overwhelmingly more than we could ever fathom or imagine. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and God bless you always!
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” – Matthew 9:37-38
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. – 1 John 5:14–15
Greenville Fun Facts
- 17 people move to Greenville, SC daily
- Greenville County is South Carolina’s most populous county with more than 507,000 residents, with approximately 67,000 people living within Greenville’s city limits.
- Greenville is located roughly between two larger cities: Charlotte, NC; 1.5 hours to the northeast, and Atlanta, GA, 2.5 hours to the southwest.
- Greenville and the surrounding areas, situated at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, are commonly referred to as the “upstate” of SC.
- Greenville boasts the highest level of foreign capital investment per capita in the nation, and is home to more than 250 international firms from 26 nations, including BMW and Michelin.
- Greenville is the cultural and entertainment center for the upstate, including an award winning downtown, a major performing arts center, a 17,000 seat arena, a 340,000-square-foot convention and exhibition center, nationally recognized museum collections, and 39 parks, playgrounds and recreation centers.
- Greenville is anticipated to have a 40 percent growth in the job market over the next decade.
- Greenville has been ranked as the best place for young professionals to start a career in South Carolina.
- The city includes many high-quality parks right throughout the city that help to make it more comfortable.
Shared from visitgreenvillesc.com