The Southern Connecticut Church of Christ (Soconn Church) is looking for two part-time interns to serve in the campus ministry. The position is for male and female campus interns.
The Southern Connecticut Church spans New Haven and Fairfield Counties. Our campus ministry serves multiple campuses throughout the region (University of New Haven, Southern Connecticut State University, Housatonic Community College, Gateway Community College, University of Bridgeport, Sacred Heart, Yale) with a total of eight disciples currently a part of the ministry.
The intern’s main responsibilities will include helping college students mature in their faith, studying the Bible with students, organizing and leading campus devotionals, developing a campus calendar of events (including all New England events and the International Campus Ministry Conference), and creating campus-related social media content. The lead minister and women’s ministry leader will provide training on responsibilities and help build critical skills to be effective in this role. The church Leadership Team will provide encouragement and support to the interns. There is also a dedicated campus shepherding couple that will collaborate with the interns to help guide and support the campus ministry development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics and experiences:
- A relationship with God that illustrates commitment and growth in the way of Jesus
- High relational and professional integrity
- Ability and experience working collaboratively
- Ability to self-manage workload and ask for assistance as needed
- Experience serving in a campus ministry
- Ministry training is preferred, but not required to be considered
Send your resume to Patrick and La Micia Genova at Patrick.Genova@sctcoc.org and Lamicia.Genova@sctcoc.org . Your resume should include a short paragraph about you, ministry experiences, education, and two references.
A few of our values as a Church:
- We want to be a missional movement and not an institution
- We believe everyone has a gift they can use to build up the Church
- We want to let “good things run wild” here!
- We believe that servant-based leadership primarily exists to elevate others
- We believe that Jesus had a rhythm to his ministry that prevents burnout
- We believe in the Integration of Mental Health & Spirituality
- We believe in innovation to advance the gospel message